Our Safeguarding Policy
At MultiMe we take safeguarding vulnerable adults and children very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about our internal Safeguarding Policy and how we respond in the instance of a safeguarding alert on our secure social website. We have summarised this in the simplest terms below:
1. This Safeguarding Policy is for users of the website www.multime.com and it’s subdomain www.my.multime.com.
2. This Policy does not apply to any other websites and we are not responsible for the content or policies of other sites, including any that are reached through a link on this website.
3. As a provider of online software and teaching for vulnerable children and adults, our work falls under the category of ‘Regulated Activity’ under the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 and we are required by law to comply with this policy. At MultiMe Ltd. we are aware of and up to date with all relevant information and legislation around safeguarding vulnerable groups, such as the Keeping Children Safe in Education statuary guidance for schools and colleges and Safeguarding Adults policies.
4. In line with the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006 we apply a strict vetting process to all our employees who have contact with vulnerable groups, either through face-to-face teaching and facilitation, or through access to user data on our software platform. All such employees will have undergone the Disclosure and Barring Scheme (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure for children and adults. Proof of these checks will be supplied to our clients as requested.
5. In line with the Governments Working together to safeguard children Statutory guidance, MultiMe Ltd. has a commitment to working with our clients as a multi-agency partner and with Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hubs where in place (MASH). MultiMe agrees to have read, and understood our clients own internal Safeguarding, ICT and eSafety policies and procedures and will co-operate fully with them in the event of a safeguarding alert concerning its users and the MultiMe platform.
6. MultiMe Ltd. works closely with its clients to help them develop their own code of conduct for users of their online community. This includes the assignment of various administration, Buddy roles and levels of moderation within their MultiMe community to help ensure the safety of users.
7. MultiMe will report any activity witnessed by us on the MultiMe platform that raises a safeguarding concern. We will immediately report this to our client's designated Safeguarding Officer, or if appropriate, to the relevant authorities.
8. We will only share personal information where compelled to do so under legal processes or statute.
9. While we will do everything we can to maintain the safety of our users on MultiMe, it is not possible to guarantee this and therefore users access the platform at their own risk.
10. If you have any questions about safeguarding on MultiMe, please call 08453 888 590 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .